we're buddies. we're real good buddies.

people review stuff

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jon & Carly, or was it Carly & Jon @ SubT 08/26/09

So I was among the intimates invited to bear witness to an awesome display of indie rock duo prowess.
These two cats can play any intimate setting I host anytime. They shamelessly self-promoted how hard they rocked by referencing the very sweat they left on stage. Carly rocks some heart achingly good lyrics while Jon plays some sweet (if not sweat inducing) acoustic.
By far the most fun I had was hearing the direct influence of Xyzr_kx on some pro-quality iPod action. You can tell it's pro because of the case, to paraphrase Jon from Jon & Carly (or Carly & Jon.... depends on who brought more people).
The beats that came out really tie their style together, well... not to say I didn't enjoy the acoustic + bass duo in their own rite. What happens though when it goes electric + acoustic/standup bass? I'm curious. I want to see that. I'd pay double to see that up in the house—even my own house. Sure why not.
They're not moody, but they play with feeling; they're artistic without being overly self-indulgent. Frankly I wonder if hipsters get confused about whether they should go or not, though in my humblest of opinion, you should at least try'm out to say, "Yeah, I tried 'em, 'n' they're not too shabby. They play some tracks and we have a drink and it's great night out. They're super accessible for being pretty good. We chatted. Pretty sweet."

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home