we're buddies. we're real good buddies.

people review stuff

Saturday, June 06, 2009

old country buffet in joliet



the staff of OCB has this to look forward to when they exit the establishment. wicked.



OCB was OCB, except this was special for the realization of a long-time dream of ian's: the creation of fried ice cream from a taco shell with softserve and brown sugar. and hot fudge.



the above slide goes into deep detail in case further exploration of this unique treat is required. here's a step-by-step howto for the project:
1. go to ocb
2. get a taco shell, soft serve, brown sugar, and hot fudge
3. combine as shown
4. ???
5. profit...emotionally.

the other most notable thing about the trip was that the orange chicken and chicken strips looked more like popcorn chicken variants or even little balls of breading and flavor. we conjectured that OCB had no chicken at that time. I'm the type to go scrounging the bottom of the Popeye's box for crispy goodness, so i didn't mind.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger RB said…

    Life hack!

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Memories. I used to sneak out of my mom's apartment in the middle of the night during high school to meet my friend at the OCB. I'd pick her up a chicken soft taco with sour cream from TB on the way. This involved walking through some gang territory and stuff, but as I learned, if you don't mess with them, they don't mess with you. That is, unless they come behind you with a gun to your head. That was fun.
    By the way, sneaking out was no easy task! This involved hanging myself from the balcony with my ripped biceps and letting go hoping not to get cut up by the nasty bushes below. Coming home was easy though, I just came through the front door...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home