we're buddies. we're real good buddies.

people review stuff

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shopping Cart Hero 2

Supermarket sweep, meet MXC.

It took me around 400 rolls down the hill to master both the Monkey-in-hot-air balloon and the Giant Worm. In the process, Britt and I accomplished triple spins, distances beyond 1000, height over 1500, and many shuttle taps. Of course, first we had to die as many ways possible. If I keep it up, I'll break off the arrow key on my keyboard a la GTA2.

The simplicity of the game at first glance is deceptive. Stick figures give way to beautiful pirouettes, graceful baseball bat dumpster flips, and perfectly executed front and back Superman shopping cart holds. I haven't seen anyone have this much fun in a cart since that time in the strip mall parking lot before a Monster Pete show. You can get extra points easily with the tricks and flips with multiple people in the cart. I haven't played the iPhone format but I imagine it's similarly addicting.

The game could be improved with better record keeping, including max distance and height statistics. OK, back to TetrisFriends.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Brittany O., the writer formerly known as FRANK said…

    You forgot to mention how hilarious it is when the stick figures crash. Who would have thought a little stick figure would have that much blood in its head? Also, if the stick figure is just a stick figure and the head is translucent -- I won't be insulting and say, 'see through' -- why is there even blood?

    There should also be a modification in crash landings. Not all crashes should warrant a trip to the ER.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home